Welcome foodies! Are you ready for a deliciously savory dish that will knock your socks off? Look no further than this IHOP steak tips recipe! Straight from the kitchen of the International House of Pancakes, this recipe is one of their most popular and beloved dishes. And now, you can recreate it in the comfort of your own home.
Imagine juicy and tender sirloin steak tips, perfectly marinated to enhance their flavor and tenderness. The steak is seared to perfection, with caramelized onions and red bell peppers adding a touch of sweetness and crunch. The aroma alone is enough to make your mouth water.
Served over a bed of fluffy buttermilk pancakes, golden hash browns, or even crispy french fries, this dish is the perfect combination of savory and sweet. Add a side of fresh veggies or a salad, and you’ve got a complete and nutritious meal.
But the best thing about this recipe? It’s versatile and customizable to suit your taste buds. Switch up the marinade ingredients, add your favorite cheese or veggies, or even try it with chicken breast or pork sausage links. The options are endless, and your whole family will love it!
So, grab your sharp knife and cast iron pan, and let’s get cooking!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re looking for a meal that’s sure to impress and leave your taste buds begging for more, then look no further than this IHOP steak tips recipe. Trust me when I say that this dish is the ultimate comfort food that will leave you feeling satisfied and content.
Why will you love this recipe? For starters, the marinade is a perfect blend of flavorful ingredients that will have your steak bites melting in your mouth. The worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and red wine vinegar work together to tenderize the meat and give it a depth of flavor that is truly unforgettable.
But the marinade is only the beginning. The steak tips are cooked to perfection on medium-high heat, giving them a perfectly seared exterior and a juicy, tender interior. The caramelized onions and red bell peppers add a touch of sweetness and crunch to the dish, making it a well-rounded and balanced meal.
And let’s not forget about the nutritional value of this dish. With fresh veggies and lean sirloin steak, this recipe is packed with daily values that are essential for a healthy and balanced diet. Plus, it’s a great way to add some variety to your meal routine and try something new.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try experimenting with the marinade ingredients and adding your own personal touch to the dish. Whether you’re a fan of spicy red pepper flakes or the tangy sweetness of brown sugar, there are endless possibilities for customization.
This IHOP steak tips recipe is a must-try for any foodie out there. With its perfect blend of flavors and textures, it’s no wonder why it’s one of the most popular recipes at the International House of Pancakes. So, don’t hesitate to give it a try and experience the perfect fiesta of flavors for yourself!
When it comes to cooking, having the right ingredients is crucial for a successful dish. And this IHOP steak tips recipe is no exception. Here’s a breakdown of the essential ingredients that will make your steak tips the star of the show:
- Sirloin steak tips: This cut of beef is perfect for this recipe because it’s lean, tender, and full of flavor. Look for sirloin tips that are free of large pieces of fat and are cut into 2-3 inch pieces for easy cooking.
- Worcestershire sauce: This tangy, savory sauce is a key ingredient in the marinade and adds a depth of flavor to the steak.
- Soy sauce: This salty and rich sauce is another essential marinade ingredient that enhances the umami flavor of the steak.
- Olive oil: A healthy and flavorful oil that is perfect for searing the steak tips.
- Red wine vinegar: This acidic and slightly sweet vinegar adds a tangy punch to the marinade and helps to tenderize the meat.
- Brown sugar: A touch of sweetness from brown sugar balances the tanginess of the marinade and adds a caramelized flavor to the steak tips.
- Minced garlic: This pungent and aromatic ingredient adds a depth of flavor to the marinade and complements the savory flavor of the steak.
- Red bell peppers: These sweet and crunchy peppers add a burst of color and flavor to the dish.
- Large onions: Caramelized onions add a sweet and savory flavor to the dish, and they’re a perfect pairing with the steak tips.
- Fresh mushrooms: These tender and earthy mushrooms add a depth of flavor to the dish and make it more filling and satisfying.
These ingredients work together to create a dish that is rich, savory, and full of flavor. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different variations of the marinade and veggies to suit your taste buds. And remember, when it comes to cooking, having high-quality ingredients is the first step towards a successful meal.
The Recipe How-To
Are you ready to cook up some mouth-watering steak tips that will leave your taste buds singing? Here’s a step-by-step guide to making the perfect IHOP steak tips that are sure to impress.
Step 1: Marinate the steak tips
- In a zip lock bag, combine the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, olive oil, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, and minced garlic.
- Add the sirloin steak tips to the bag, seal it tightly, and massage the marinade into the meat.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator and let it marinate for 8-24 hours to ensure that the steak tips are flavorful and tender.
Step 2: Prepare the veggies
- Heat a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat and add some olive oil.
- Add the large onions and red bell peppers, and sauté them until they’re caramelized and slightly softened.
- Add the fresh mushrooms and continue cooking until they’re tender and slightly browned.
- Transfer the veggies to a separate dish and set aside.
Step 3: Cook the steak tips
- Remove the steak tips from the marinade and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the same skillet or pan over medium-high heat and add some more olive oil.
- Add the steak tips and cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side until they’re browned and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Add the veggies back to the pan and stir everything together until the veggies are heated through and the steak tips are cooked to your liking.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy
- Serve the steak tips and veggies over a bed of fluffy buttermilk pancakes, golden hash browns, or crispy french fries.
- Garnish with some fresh herbs, such as parsley or cilantro, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious meal!
This recipe may seem complicated, but it’s actually quite simple once you get the hang of it. By following these easy steps, you’ll have a dish that’s sure to impress and satisfy. Don’t forget to experiment with different variations and serving options to make this dish truly your own.
Variations are the spice of life, and this IHOP steak tips recipe is no exception. Here are some ways to customize the recipe and make it your own:
- Change up the veggies: While red bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms are the classic combination for this recipe, you can switch things up by adding other veggies like zucchini, squash, or even eggplant. Feel free to experiment and find the veggies that you like the best!
- Try different cuts of meat: While sirloin steak tips are the go-to choice for this recipe, you can also try other cuts of meat like rib eye or even chicken breast. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Add some heat: If you like your food spicy, try adding some red pepper flakes or hot sauce to the marinade. This will give the dish a little kick and add some extra flavor.
- Change up the marinade: The marinade is the heart of this recipe, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients. For example, you can try adding tomato sauce, lemon juice, or even a little bit of cheddar cheese to the marinade for a different flavor profile.
- Air fryer steak bites: To make this recipe even easier, try cooking the steak tips in an air fryer. Simply toss the marinated steak pieces in the air fryer basket and cook them for 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping them halfway through.
There are endless ways to customize this IHOP steak tips recipe and make it your own. Whether you’re a fan of spicy heat or sweet and tangy flavors, there’s a variation out there that’s perfect for you. So, don’t be afraid to get creative and try something new!
Serving and Pairing Suggestions
Serving and pairing suggestions are important when it comes to making the most out of your IHOP steak tips recipe. Here are some ideas to help you elevate the dish and make it a complete and satisfying meal:
- Serve over fluffy buttermilk pancakes: This classic pairing is a must-try and is a staple at the International House of Pancakes. The sweet and fluffy pancakes pair perfectly with the savory steak tips and add a touch of sweetness to the dish.
- Pair with golden hash browns: Another classic pairing that’s sure to please is the combination of crispy hash browns and savory steak tips. The hash browns add a nice texture contrast to the dish and make it more filling and satisfying.
- Try crispy chicken sandwiches: For a fun and unique twist, try serving the steak tips on top of a crispy chicken sandwich. The juicy chicken and savory steak tips make for a delicious and satisfying meal.
- Serve with fresh veggies: To balance out the rich and savory flavors of the dish, serve it with a side of fresh veggies like a salad, roasted broccoli, or sautéed green beans. This will add some much-needed nutrition to the dish and make it more well-rounded.
- Pair with a glass of red wine: If you’re a wine lover, pair your steak tips with a glass of your favorite red wine. A full-bodied red like Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot pairs well with the rich flavors of the steak tips and adds a touch of sophistication to the meal.
Serving and pairing are important when it comes to making the most out of your IHOP steak tips recipe. Whether you’re in the mood for something sweet and fluffy or crispy and savory, there’s a pairing out there that’s perfect for you. So, don’t be afraid to experiment and find the combination that works best for your taste buds!
Storing and Reheating Options
Storing and reheating options are important to consider when it comes to leftovers or meal prep. Here are some tips to help you store and reheat your IHOP steak tips:
- Store in an airtight container: To keep your steak tips fresh and prevent them from drying out, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help to lock in the flavors and prevent any odors from affecting the taste of the dish.
- Store for up to 4 days: While the steak tips are best when served fresh, they can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Just be sure to reheat them thoroughly before eating.
- Reheat in the microwave: The easiest way to reheat the steak tips is to simply pop them in the microwave. Place the steak tips in a microwave-safe container, cover with a lid or plastic wrap, and heat for 1-2 minutes on high. Be sure to stir the steak tips halfway through to ensure even heating.
- Reheat in the oven: For a crispier and more flavorful reheating option, try heating the steak tips in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, place the steak tips in an oven-safe dish, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Freeze for up to 3 months: If you have leftover steak tips that you can’t finish in 4 days, try freezing them for later use. Place the steak tips in an airtight container or freezer bag, label with the date, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Storing and reheating your IHOP steak tips is important to ensure that you can enjoy the dish for days to come. With these easy tips, you can keep your steak tips fresh and flavorful, and make meal prep a breeze. So, don’t hesitate to try these storing and reheating options and enjoy your steak tips for days to come!
Cooking is an art, and like any art form, there are tips and tricks that can help you achieve the perfect dish. Here are some tips for success when it comes to making IHOP steak tips:
- Use a sharp knife: When cutting the steak tips, use a sharp knife to ensure that you get clean cuts that are the same size. This will help the steak tips cook evenly and give them a professional look.
- Don’t overcook the steak tips: Overcooking the steak tips can result in a tough and chewy texture. Be sure to monitor the cooking time carefully and remove the steak tips from the heat once they’re browned on the outside and pink on the inside.
- Let the steak tips rest: After cooking the steak tips, let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help the juices redistribute and make the steak tips more tender and flavorful.
- Use a cast iron pan: A cast iron pan is the perfect tool for cooking steak tips because it distributes heat evenly and can handle high heat. It also adds a nice sear to the steak tips and gives them a beautiful golden-brown color.
- Prep ahead of time: To make the cooking process go more smoothly, prep all of your ingredients ahead of time. This will help you stay organized and make the cooking process more efficient.
- Measure your ingredients: When it comes to the marinade, be sure to measure your ingredients carefully. Too much of one ingredient can throw off the balance of flavors and make the dish taste off.
- Adjust the heat: Cooking steak tips requires a balance of high heat to sear the outside and low heat to cook the inside. Be sure to adjust the heat as needed to achieve the perfect balance.
- Experiment with different veggies: While red bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms are classic veggies for this dish, don’t be afraid to try different combinations. For example, you could try adding some fresh tomatoes or green beans for a different flavor and texture.
- Have fun and be creative: Cooking is a fun and creative process, so don’t be afraid to experiment and try new things. The more you cook, the more you’ll learn about what works and what doesn’t work, and the better your dishes will be.
- Enjoy the process: Cooking is all about having fun and enjoying the process. So, don’t stress out if things don’t go perfectly the first time. With practice, you’ll become a pro at making IHOP steak tips and other delicious dishes.
These tips will help you achieve the perfect IHOP steak tips and make the cooking process more enjoyable. So, don’t be afraid to try these tips and enjoy the art of cooking!
To help answer any questions you may have about this delicious recipe, here is a list of frequently asked questions and their answers:
What is in IHOP steak tips?
IHOP steak tips are made with sirloin steak tips, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms, and marinated in a flavorful blend of olive oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes.
Is IHOP steak tips good?
Yes, IHOP steak tips are a delicious and savory dish that’s perfect for any occasion. The steak tips are tender and flavorful, and the marinade adds a tangy and savory taste to the dish.
How do you make steak tips tender?
To make steak tips tender, use a sharp knife to cut the meat into evenly sized pieces, and marinate the meat for at least 8-24 hours. This helps to break down the connective tissue and make the meat more tender.
What cut of meat is used for steak tips?
Steak tips are typically made from sirloin, rib eye, or tenderloin cuts of beef.
What is the difference between steak tips and stew meat?
Steak tips are typically made from higher-quality cuts of beef, while stew meat is made from tougher, less expensive cuts. Steak tips are usually cut into larger, more uniform pieces, while stew meat is often cut into smaller, irregularly shaped pieces.
Is tip steak a good steak?
Yes, tip steak is a good steak that’s often used to make steak tips. It’s a flavorful and tender cut of beef that’s perfect for grilling or cooking in a skillet.
What is similar to steak tips?
Similar dishes to steak tips include beef kabobs, beef stir-fry, and beef fajitas.
What is the difference between steak tips and tri tips?
Steak tips are typically cut into bite-sized pieces, while tri tips are a larger, triangular-shaped cut of beef that’s often roasted or grilled.
Are steak tips chewy?
Steak tips can be chewy if they’re overcooked. It’s important to monitor the cooking time carefully and remove the steak tips from the heat once they’re browned on the outside and pink on the inside.
How do you cook steak tips at home?
To cook steak tips at home, marinate the meat for at least 8-24 hours, then cook the meat in a large skillet or ribbed grill pan over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until browned on the outside and pink on the inside.
Are tenderloin tips the same as steak tips?
Tenderloin tips are a similar cut of beef to steak tips, but they’re made from the tenderloin muscle, which is a leaner and more tender cut of beef.
In conclusion, the IHOP steak tips recipe is a delicious and satisfying dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner, a meal to impress guests, or a fun and unique way to use up leftovers, this recipe has got you covered.
With its tender and flavorful sirloin steak tips, savory veggies, and tangy marinade, this dish is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Plus, with the variety of serving and pairing suggestions and the endless possibilities for variations, you can make this dish your own and keep things interesting every time you make it.
But what’s even better than the taste of this dish is the nutritional value it provides. With high protein content, moderate carb content, and low fat content, this dish is a healthy and nutritious way to fuel your body and satisfy your taste buds. Plus, by using fresh veggies and whole foods in the marinade, you can rest assured that you’re eating a wholesome and nutritious meal.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your apron, fire up the stove, and get ready to make some delicious IHOP steak tips that will leave you and your loved ones coming back for more. With these easy steps, tips, and variations, you’ll have a dish that’s sure to become a staple in your kitchen. Enjoy!
IHOP Steak Tips Recipe
- Large skillet or ribbed grill pan
- Sharp knife
- Zip lock bag
- 1 lb. sirloin steak tips
- 1 large onion chopped into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into large pieces
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Cut the sirloin steak tips into bite-sized pieces and place them in a zip lock bag.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Pour the marinade into the zip lock bag with the steak tips and massage the bag to make sure the steak pieces are evenly coated. Marinate for at least 8-24 hours.
- Heat a large skillet or ribbed grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the steak tips from the marinade and discard the excess marinade.
- Add the chopped onion and red bell pepper to the skillet and cook until the onions are caramelized, stirring occasionally. Remove the onions and peppers from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the steak tips to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned on the outside and pink on the inside.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cooked onions and peppers back to the skillet with the steak tips. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Serve the IHOP-style steak tips hot and enjoy!
- This recipe pairs well with fluffy buttermilk pancakes or crispy hash browns.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
- Be sure to use a sharp knife to cut the steak tips evenly for the best cooking results.