Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta With Spinach and Tomato Recipe
It’s time to elevate your pasta game with this Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta with Spinach and Tomato recipe. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you after trying this mouthwatering dish.
As someone who has spent countless hours experimenting in the kitchen, let me tell you that this recipe is one of my absolute favorites. The creamy salmon sauce, mixed with fresh spinach and juicy tomatoes provides an irresistible flavor that will leave you wanting more.
The best part? This recipe takes only 15 minutes to make! Yes, you heard that right, in just a quarter of an hour you can have a delicious hot plate of smoked salmon pasta ready to be devoured.
So what are you waiting for? Grab a pan and get ready to experience the ultimate comfort food. Let’s dive into the recipe and see how simple it is to prepare this divine dish.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re a seafood lover, then you’ll fall head over heels with this Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta With Spinach and Tomato Recipe. You know what’s better than cooking a delicious dinner for your loved ones? One that’s also healthy! This pasta dish is made up of spinach, tomatoes, and succulent smoked salmon. Trust me – it couldn’t get any better than this!
The recipe gives you the best of all worlds. It has everything that you need to satisfy your cravings – creamy sauce, smoky salmon, fresh spinach, cherry tomatoes, and aromatic herbs. This dish is so versatile that it can be effortlessly tweaked according to your liking. You can add red pepper flakes for extra flavor or Parmesan cheese for a tangy twist.
One thing that I love about this recipe is its simplicity. It’s an effortless and straightforward way to enjoy a delicious meal in less than 15 minutes. Yes, you heard me right – this dish is ready in just 15 minutes! That means no more slaving over the stove for hours on end just to have a tasty dinner.
What sets this recipe apart from the rest is that it requires only one pan to create. That’s right; no more hours of cleaning dishes after your meal! Just toss everything in one pan for a quick and easy cooking experience.
This delightful dish hits all the right spots – from its ease of preparation to its mouthwatering taste. Once you try this recipe, there is no going back – it’s so simple yet satisfying! So what are you waiting for? Time to get cooking!
Let’s gather everything we need for this creamy smoked salmon pasta with spinach and tomato recipe:
- Fettuccine pasta (8 oz.)
- Smoked salmon fillet (4 oz.)
- Fresh baby spinach leaves (2 cups)
- Cherry tomatoes (1 cup)
- Sweet onion (1/2 cup)
- Garlic clove (2 cloves)
- Sun-dried tomato in oil (1/4 cup)
- Buttermilk (1/2 cup)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- Parmesan cheese, grated (1/3 cup)
- Cream cheese, softened (3 oz.)
- Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- Unsalted butter (1 tbsp.)
- Olive oil (1 tbsp.)
- Dried basil leaves (1 tsp.)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
Make sure to check your pantry and fridge before heading to the grocery store. Pro-tip: creating a list of the ingredients you need can help save time and prevent forgetting items.
The Recipe How-To
Alright, let’s get down to business and talk about how to make this delicious Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta with Spinach and Tomato recipe. This dish is super easy to make and will be ready in just 15 minutes! Trust me, you can thank me later.
First things first, let’s gather all the ingredients we need. Make sure to have them all ready near you!
- Fettuccine pasta (according to package instructions)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of unsalted butter
- 1 minced garlic clove
- half a chopped sweet onion
- a handful of fresh spinach
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz. of smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 cup of buttermilk, or milk
- 2 oz. of cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook the fettuccine pasta according to package instructions. Reserve around half a cup of pasta water for later.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat up one tablespoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of unsalted butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté one minced garlic clove and half a chopped sweet onion until fragrant.
- Add a handful each of fresh spinach and halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet.
- Stir for a minute until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Add four ounces of flaked smoked salmon into the skillet with the vegetables, cook it for another minute until heated through.
- Mix in one cup of buttermilk or milk, two ounces of cream cheese, and half a cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese into the skillet with smoked salmon and veggies.
- Mix everything together until the cheeses are melted, then add quarter-cup grated Parmesan cheese, half teaspoon dried basil and red pepper flakes.
- Adjust the seasoning as per your taste preference, if necessary.
- Finally, add in your cooked fettuccine pasta into that creamy sauce in the same saucepan or transfer everything into a large serving bowl, top with more Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if you’d like.
Wait no longer, grab a fork and dig in!
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re looking to switch things up, this recipe offers several substitutions and variations that are sure to suit your taste buds.
Firstly, if you don’t have smoked salmon on hand, you can use canned salmon instead. This could be an easier and cheaper option without sacrificing on the flavors. You could also choose to use a hot smoked salmon fillet for a stronger smoky flavor in your pasta dish.
If you’re not a fan of spinach, you can substitute it with other leafy greens like kale, chard or arugula. You could also omit the tomatoes and add sun-dried tomatoes for a touch of sweetness and added depth of flavor to your dish. Sun-dried tomatoes add an intense natural sweetness and umami flavor that complement the smoked salmon.
For the creamy sauce, instead of buttermilk and milk, you can use heavy cream for a richer texture or creme fraiche for a tangy flavor. For some extra richness and indulgence, swap out cream cheese with mascarpone cheese in your sauce.
Lastly, if you prefer a different type of pasta, such as penne or fusilli pasta, this recipe can still turn out amazing deliciousness even with those variations. The smoky salmon combined with creamy sauce works well with most types of pasta.
So go ahead and experiment with these substitutions and variations to make it your own unique version of this super easy yet delicious smoked salmon pasta dish!
Serving and Pairing
Now that you have prepared a delicious creamy smoked salmon pasta with spinach and tomato, you will need to know what to pair it with. This dish is versatile and can be paired with a variety of options, from light salads to bold red wines.
For a refreshing and light option, pair the pasta with a simple arugula or mixed greens salad dressed in a lemon vinaigrette. The bitterness of the greens perfectly complements the creamy and rich flavors of the pasta.
If you’re feeling a bit more indulgent, pair the dish with garlic bread or cheesy garlic knots. The bread will help soak up any excess sauce on your plate and integrate perfectly with the flavors of your pasta dish.
For wine lovers, this pasta pairs best with white wines such as sauvignon blanc or chardonnay. These wines have enough acidity to cut through the creaminess of the sauce and balance the saltiness of the smoked salmon.
Alternatively, if you prefer red wine, a light-bodied pinot noir would complement this dish. Its fruity notes would balance well with the smoky flavors of the salmon while not overpowering the creamy sauce.
Overall, there are no wrong choices when serving this pasta dish. Experiment with different pairings to find what suits your preferences best. Just make sure that whatever you choose complements and does not overpower the unique flavors of this creamy smoked salmon pasta with spinach and tomato.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Preparing dishes in advance saves time and energy, and that’s no different with this Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta with Spinach and Tomato recipe. Luckily, this dish is perfect for making ahead of time. Simply store it in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to devour it.
To make these adjustments, first adjust the recipe by cooking the pasta for just a minute less than what the package instructions say. After draining the water, rinse the pasta with cold water to remove any residual heat.
Next, transfer the pasta to a deep baking pan and pour the creamy salmon sauce over it. Give it a good mix until every piece of pasta is coated with sauce. You can also top it up with some fresh spinach leaves and roasted cherry tomatoes before covering it up.
Storing and reheating this dish is easy-peasy: transfer the pan of pasta into a fridge if you’re planning on eating it within two days. Otherwise, place it in an airtight container and store it in your freezer for up to three months.
For reheating purposes, microwave your desired serving amount of pasta until your preferred temperature is achieved. Alternatively, heat up the whole baking pan of frozen pasta in your oven at 350°F/180°C until it’s hot enough to eat – this should take around 30 minutes.
By making this dish ahead of time, storing it properly and reheating it efficiently, you’ll have a hearty meal ready whenever you need it without sacrificing taste or texture.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure that your creamy smoked salmon pasta comes out perfectly every time, here are some tips to follow.
Firstly, make sure to use high-quality smoked salmon for the dish. This will give it a rich and smoky flavor that complements the other ingredients.
Secondly, do not overcook the pasta. Cook it according to the package instructions, and then immediately drain it and toss it with a bit of olive oil. This will help prevent it from sticking together and becoming mushy.
Thirdly, when making the creamy sauce, be sure to use low heat and stir gently to avoid curdling. You can also add a bit of flour or cornstarch to help thicken the sauce if needed.
Fourthly, be sure to finely chop the onion and garlic before sautéing them in butter. This will help them cook evenly and infuse their flavors throughout the dish.
Fifthly, resist the urge to overcrowd the pan when cooking the spinach and tomatoes. Doing so will cause them to release excess moisture and result in soggy vegetables.
Finally, remember to season with salt and pepper throughout each step of the cooking process. This will help enhance the flavors of each ingredient and bring the entire dish together.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a creamy smoked salmon pasta that is both delicious and visually appealing.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a quick and easy pasta dish that is both delicious and nutritious, then the Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta with Spinach and Tomato recipe is definitely worth trying out. With its creamy sauce, flavorful smoked salmon, fresh spinach, and cherry tomatoes; this dish will surely satisfy your cravings.
The recipe is versatile and can be customized to fit your preferences by using different types of pasta or adding in other ingredients. It is also a great option for meal prep since it can be made ahead of time and stored for later use.
So, don’t hesitate to try out this simple but delicious smoked salmon pasta recipe. Whether you are a fan of seafood or just looking for something new to add to your dinner rotation, this pasta dish is sure to impress.
Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta With Spinach and Tomato Recipe
- 1/2 lb fettuccine pasta (or use a double batch of Homemade Noodles for 2)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, torn
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and cut
- 1/2 cup smoked salmon, broken into little pieces
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 10 to 15 min or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a large skillet and add onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent. Reduce heat to low and add in milks, cheeses, and basil and stir over low heat until smooth and creamy about 10 to 15 minutes. Add smoked salmon and spinach and toss until heated through. Add cooked pasta and tomatoes and toss to combine. Add a bit of starchy pasta water if needed to make the sauce a good consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
YOUR OWN NOTE
You’ll Love These Recipes
The Ultimate Steak Chicana Recipe for Meat Lovers
Mouthwatering Southwest Flat Iron Steak Recipe
Delicious and Juicy Smothered Grilled Chicken Breast
Juicy Mexican Cubed Steaks for a Flavor Fiesta
Juicy Fake Steak Recipe That Will Blow Your Mind
Easy Cranberry Sweet and Sour Brisket Recipe
Saddle Up for Deliciousness: Cowgirl BBQ Sauce Recipe
The Ultimate Budweiser BBQ Sauce Recipe
Juicy and Yummy Grilled Tampico Chicken Breast Recipe
Quick and Easy Steak Picado Recipe for Busy Weeknights
Shara @The Bird BBQ
Shara loves to experiment with different flavors and techniques when it comes to BBQ. She has been perfecting her craft for years and loves hosting backyard BBQs with friends & family. She often comes up with creative recipes that her guests rave about.