Imagine the sound of sizzling salmon fillets fresh off the grill, paired with a sweet and tangy cherry sauce. Succulent and tender, it’s an unforgettable culinary experience that will leave you craving more. This recipe is a game-changer – it’s not just about grilled salmon, but also about elevating the flavor profile with a homemade cherry sauce that has hints of garlic, honey, and lemon.
If you’ve ever felt intimidated by cooking fish or making sauces from scratch, this recipe is perfect for you. As someone who loves experimenting with different flavors and techniques in the kitchen, I am confident that this dish will impress both novice and experienced home cooks alike. The secret to a perfectly glazed salmon with cherry sauce lies in the quality of ingredients and timing.
In this recipe article, I’ll guide you through each step of preparing the dish, while sharing some tips and tricks to ensure delicious results every time. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this mouth-watering salmon and cherry combo – it’s sure to become a new family favorite!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
For those who love grilled salmon, this recipe will take it to a whole new level. Introducing my cherry sauce for grilled salmon recipe – a delightful and easy-to-prepare dish that is perfect for both casual weeknight dinners and special occasions. This sauce is something unique, special and totally worth trying.
One of the reasons I love this recipe so much is because of the combination of sweet and savory flavors that meld together perfectly. It’s not just an excellent source of protein but also rich in flavor thanks to its unique blend of ingredients. This recipe calls for fresh sweet cherries, dry white wine, garlic, onion, soy sauce, and more. These ingredients work together to infuse the salmon with incredible flavor without overpowering it.
Furthermore, what’s better than an incredibly flavorful grilled salmon? The answer: one with cherry sauce. The sauce adds just the right amount of sweetness and richness to every bite while still allowing the salty flavor of the grilled fish to shine. It’s a combination that will make your taste buds dance!
Another reason why you’ll love this recipe is its versatility. You can adjust the sweetness or tartness according to your liking by swapping out ingredients or tweaking amounts. Also, if you don’t have fresh fruit on hand, you can use tart cherry juice or cherry preserves instead.
Overall, if you are looking to elevate your grilled salmon game for your next dinner party or family gathering then this cherry sauce recipe will leave everyone impressed. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this sweet and savory cherry sauce for grilled salmon:
- 3 cups pitted, fresh sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon peel
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For the Cherry Glaze:
- 1 cup tart cherry juice or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce
Note: You can use either fresh or frozen cherries for this recipe. If using frozen cherries, thaw and drain them before using.
The Recipe How-To
Grilled Cherry Glazed Salmon with Cherry Sauce Recipe
4 (6 oz) salmon filets
Salt and black pepper, a pinch of each
- Olive oil or cooking spray
For the Cherry Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup tart cherry juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
For the Cherry Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 cups pitted fresh sweet cherries (or use frozen cherries if fresh are not available)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dry white wine (use your favorite)
- 4 cups chopped onion
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Step by Step Recipe:
Heat up the grill to medium-high heat, around 375°F.
Season the salmon fillets with salt and black pepper to taste, and brush lightly with olive oil on both sides.
In a small saucepan, combine the cherry glaze ingredients and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for around five minutes or until thickened.
Place the salmon fillets on the grill and cook for about two to three minutes per side until beautifully grilled. Brush each side of the salmon fillets generously with the cherry glaze while grilling.
In another saucepan, start cooking onions in around four tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Season with salt and black pepper and let them cook for around ten minutes, or until they turn golden brown.
Then add sweet cherries to the pan with water and wine; simmer the mixture over medium heat for roughly twenty minutes.
Transfer cooked mixture to a blender then blend into a smooth texture.
Add maple syrup and balsamic vinegar to the pan after blending until fully combined.
Over medium heat, cook four more minutes or until well mixed.
Serve grilled salmon with cherry sauce poured over it.
Enjoy your delicious grilled cherry glazed salmon with cherry sauce!
Substitutions and Variations
As with any recipe, there are always ways to make it your own. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try with this cherry sauce for grilled salmon recipe:
– Instead of sweet cherries, you can use tart cherries for a more tangy flavor.
– If you don’t have dry white wine, you can substitute it with red wine or even beer. The alcohol will cook off, and you’ll be left with a complex flavor that enhances the sauce.
– For a little kick, add some crushed red pepper flakes or hot sauce to the sauce mixture.
– If you prefer a sweeter glaze, switch out the dry white wine for maple syrup or brown sugar. You can also add a tablespoon of honey to balance the flavor.
– For an extra burst of flavor, you can add some balsamic vinegar to the sauce mixture. The sweetness of the cherries pairs well with the tartness of balsamic vinegar.
– You can also experiment with different herbs in the sauce mixture. Try adding some fresh thyme or rosemary to complement the sweetness of the cherries.
These substitutions and variations allow you to customize the recipe based on your preferences and what ingredients you have on hand. Don’t be afraid to get creative and make this grilled salmon cherry sauce your own!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving grilled salmon with cherry sauce, there are endless possibilities in terms of pairings. For a simple yet elegant meal, serve the salmon filets alongside some roasted veggies such as brussel sprouts or carrots. The sweetness of the cherry sauce pairs well with the earthy flavor of these vegetables.
If you’re feeling more adventurous, try pairing the salmon with a side of herbed quinoa or couscous. The nuttiness of these grains compliments the subtle sweetness of the cherry sauce perfectly.
For a full-on feast, add in some garlic mashed potatoes and a fresh arugula salad with a tangy vinaigrette dressing. The bitterness of the arugula is a great balance to the sweet cherry sauce and the creamy potatoes make for a comforting side dish.
In terms of beverages, a crisp white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio is an excellent choice to cut through the richness of the salmon and balance out the sweetness of the cherry sauce. If you prefer something non-alcoholic, try serving an iced tea infused with fresh mint leaves for a refreshing and summery drink.
No matter how you choose to serve and pair your grilled salmon with cherry sauce, one thing is certain – your taste buds will be delighted with each and every bite!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Though this recipe for grilled salmon with cherry sauce is best enjoyed fresh off the grill, there are a few things you can do to make it easier to prep ahead of time.
If you’re planning to serve the salmon at an event or dinner party, you can prepare the cherry sauce up to 3 days in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. When ready to use, simply warm the sauce over low heat and give it a stir.
When it comes to the salmon itself, you can season and marinate it up to 24 hours before grilling. Simply place the seasoned salmon fillets in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag and keep them in the fridge until ready to grill.
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, gently warm the salmon (without the cherry sauce) in the oven on a low heat (around 250°F) until heated through. Alternatively, you can reheat it on the stovetop with a bit of olive oil over medium-high heat.
But let’s be honest – leftover grilled salmon with cherry sauce is quite rare because it’s usually devoured as soon as it hits the table!
Tips for Perfect Results
Here are some tips that can help you achieve the perfect grilled salmon with cherry sauce:
1. Marinate the salmon: A simple marinade of olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, and black pepper can add a lot of flavor to the salmon before being grilled.
2. Pat dry the salmon: Before grilling, make sure to pat dry the salmon fillets with paper towels to remove excess moisture. This will help the salmon cook evenly and prevent it from sticking to the grill.
3. Preheat the grill: Get your grill nice and hot before putting on the salmon. Medium-high heat is recommended for a juicy and tender piece of grilled salmon.
4. Oil the grill grates: Brushing the grill grates with oil will prevent the salmon from sticking and make it easier to flip without it falling apart.
5. Use a meat thermometer: To ensure your salmon is perfectly cooked, use a meat thermometer and cook until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
6. Let it rest: Once your grilled salmon is ready, let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow its juices to redistribute properly throughout the fish.
7. Make the sauce ahead of time: The cherry sauce can be made ahead of time and reheated just before serving with the grilled salmon. This will allow you to focus on cooking the fish while having time to prepare any other sides you may like.
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to impress your guests with a delicious and perfectly cooked grilled salmon dish with cherry sauce!
Now let’s turn our focus on answering some common questions about this recipe to provide you with everything you need to know before trying it for yourself. Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers to help you master the art of making Cherry Sauce for Grilled Salmon.
What Gordon Ramsay put on salmon?
To make a delicious marinade for the salmon fillets, I start by mixing together minced ginger, minced garlic, soy sauce, maple syrup, mirin, and a drizzle of olive oil in a bowl. Once the marinade is well combined, I place the seasoned salmon fillets into a dish and pour the sticky dressing over them, ensuring that the fillets are evenly coated. This step is crucial for infusing the salmon with savory and sweet flavors.
What tastes best with salmon?
As a BBQ chef assistant, I have compiled a list of scrumptious side dishes for you to enjoy alongside your meat fare. These mouth-watering sides include Lemon Butter Pasta, Coconut Rice, Sautéed Garlic Green Beans, Lemon Kale Salad, Mashed Red Potatoes, Cacio e Pepe, Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad, and Cilantro Lime Rice. Each of these dishes is sure to complement the main course for a flavourful experience.
Should you Season salmon before grilling?
Adding seasoning to salmon before cooking is a must. It not only brings out the natural flavors but also helps maintain the texture of the fish and preserves its striking pink hue. The same holds true when making smoked salmon on a low heat setting.
How do you make Gordon Ramsey salmon?
The salmon should be seasoned with a good amount of salt and freshly ground black pepper on both sides. Take a large nonstick pan and heat it over medium-high heat. Add some olive oil to the pan and carefully place the salmon, with the skin-side down. The salmon needs to be cooked for about 6-7 minutes, flipping it occasionally.
In conclusion, this cherry sauce for grilled salmon recipe is an excellent addition to any meal. It’s perfect for summer barbecues and family gatherings, and it’s easy to make. You’ll love the combination of sweet and savory flavors, and the tart cherries add a unique twist to the dish.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced chef, this recipe is sure to impress your guests. With tips for substitutions and variations, you can customize the sauce to your liking. And with instructions for make-ahead, storing, and reheating, you can enjoy this dish anytime.
So fire up your grill and give this salmon cherry sauce recipe a try. You won’t regret it! With its mouth-watering flavors and beautiful presentation, it’s sure to become one of your favorite recipes.
Cherry Sauce for Grilled Salmon Recipe
- 3 cups pitted fresh sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salmon (to grill)
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
YOUR OWN NOTE
You’ll Love These Delicious BBQ Recipes
Shara @The Bird BBQ
Shara loves to experiment with different flavors and techniques when it comes to BBQ. She has been perfecting her craft for years and loves hosting backyard BBQs with friends & family. She often comes up with creative recipes that her guests rave about.