Are you ready to impress your friends and family with the perfect rib eye steak? Have you been looking for a foolproof recipe using rib eye steak that will make you look like a master chef?
Well, you’ve come to the right place! I’m here to walk you through the process of making a perfect rib eye steak from start to finish. I’ve been making rib eye steak for years, and I’m going to share all my secrets with you.
In this article, I’ll provide you with an expert guide to making a perfect rib eye steak recipe. I’ll show you how to choose the right cut of steak, the best marinades for rib eye, and the optimal cooking time and temperature. So let’s get started!
Why Ribeye Steak Is The Perfect Choice For A Special Occasion
I’m sure you’ve heard of rib-eye steak before, but in case you haven’t, let me tell you a bit about it. Ribeye steak is a cut of beef that comes from the rib section of a cow. It’s one of the most popular cuts of steak, and it’s often referred to as the “king of steaks”. It’s also a favorite among steak lovers, as it’s incredibly tender and full of flavor.
When it comes to making the perfect ribeye steak, thick steaks are the best way to go. Since this cut of steak has a lot of fat, it’s important to choose a steak that is at least 1.5 inches thick. This will give you the best results when you cook the steak.
To make a ribeye steak that is sure to impress, try using a cowboy butter recipe. This recipe is simple and uses just a few ingredients. When you cook the steak, the butter will caramelize, giving the steak a delicious, smoky flavor.
Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or just a regular weeknight dinner, ribeye steak is the perfect choice. It’s sure to be a hit with your guests, and it’s the best way to get the most flavor out of your favorite cut of steak. So, next time you’re looking to make a delicious ribeye steak, try using this expert guide to making the perfect ribeye steak recipe.
What Ingredients You Need To Make The Perfect Ribeye Steak
Now that you know why ribeye steak is the perfect choice for a special occasion, let’s talk about what ingredients you need to make the perfect ribeye steak. We’ll start with the basics: olive oil, black pepper, garlic butter, and a cast iron skillet. For this recipe, we recommend using a sirloin steak or a new york strip steak.
Once you have the ingredients ready, it’s time to get cooking! Begin by preheating your cast iron skillet on medium heat. Then, rub your steak with a generous amount of olive oil and sprinkle with a generous amount of kosher salt. You can also add in some chili powder for some extra flavor. Once your skillet is hot, add in a tablespoon of canola oil and place your steak in the skillet.
Cook your steak for about four minutes on each side, flipping every two minutes. Once it’s done, move it to a plate and cover it with foil to rest. Then, melt your garlic butter in the skillet and brush it onto the steak, letting it sit for a few minutes.
The result should be a juicy and tender steak that’s cooked to perfection. The combination of olive oil, black pepper, garlic butter, and chili powder will leave your steak with a deep and delicious flavor that will have your guests raving. With this expert guide to making a perfect ribeye steak recipe, you’ll be sure to serve up a meal that will impress even the toughest of critics.
How To Prep Your Ribeye Steak For The Best Results
Once you have all the ingredients for the perfect ribeye steak recipe, it’s time to prepare the steak for cooking. Preparing the steak properly will ensure that your steak is juicy, tender, and full of flavor.
First, take the ribeye out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. This will help the steak cook more evenly, and it will also make it easier to season the steak. Next, pat the steak dry with paper towels. This will help the steak to brown nicely and also help the seasoning to stick to the steak.
Once the steak is dry, it’s time to season it. Start by sprinkling the steak generously with salt and pepper. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can add some other seasonings like fresh herbs, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Then, drizzle the steak with avocado oil and use your hands to massage the oil and seasoning into the steak.
Finally, you’ll want to check the internal temperature of the steak with a meat thermometer. This will ensure that the steak is cooked to the desired level of doneness. Once the steak has reached the desired internal temperature, it’s time to cook it on the grill or in a cast-iron skillet.
Preparing your ribeye steak properly is the key to making a juicy and delicious steak. By taking the time to season the steak and check the internal temperature, you can be sure that your ribeye steak will be cooked to perfection. With these simple steps, you can create the perfect ribeye recipe and serve your guests a steak that is sure to impress.
Cooking Methods For A Perfect Ribeye Steak
Now that the ribeye steak has been prepped and seasoned, it’s time to cook it. There are a few different methods that can be used to cook a perfectly grilled ribeye steak. Each one has its own unique benefits, and you can use them depending on the recipe that you’re following. Here are three great ideas for cooking your ribeye steak:
1) Grilling: Grilling is a great way to get that classic smoky flavor and perfectly charred crust that’s associated with a perfectly grilled ribeye steak. Preheat your grill to 400 degrees F, then brush the steaks lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the ribeye steak for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the steak is cooked to your desired doneness.
2) Compound Butter: For a more decadent steak recipe, try using compound butter. This method has a much higher chance of success, as the butter helps to keep the steak moist and flavorful. Start by making a compound butter of your choice, then spread it over the ribeye steak and season with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side.
3) Pan-Frying: For a quick and easy way to cook a perfect ribeye steak, try pan-frying. This method will give you a juicy, tender steak with a nicely seared crust. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add some oil. Season the steak with salt and pepper, and then cook the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side.
These are just a few of the methods that can be used to make the best ribeye steak. With just a few simple steps, you can get a perfectly grilled steak that’s sure to impress. With a bit of experimentation and practice, you’re sure to become a master of the perfect ribeye steak recipe.
How To Serve And What To Serve With Your Ribeye Steak
Once your ribeye steak is cooked to perfection, it’s time to serve it up. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or just a regular night in, there’s no better way to make people feel appreciated than with a perfectly cooked steak.
To really impress your guests, serve up your ribeye steak with a few of your favorite sides. If you’re looking to add a little extra flavor to the dish, a classic red wine au poivre sauce is always a great option. Simply add some butter, crushed black peppercorns, and some red wine to a pan and simmer until it coats the steak. To brighten the dish, you can add some cherry tomatoes to the sauce for an added sweetness.
If you’re looking for something a bit lighter, you can try adding some roasted vegetables or a simple side salad. Different things like asparagus, mushrooms, or even some roasted potatoes can all make great side dishes for your steak.
No matter what side dishes you choose, they should always complement the cut of steak you’re serving. Ribeye steaks are usually quite hearty and flavorful, so consider pairing them with sides that can stand up to the richness of the steak.
At the end of the day, the sides you choose are up to you. Whether you want to go with a classic steakhouse-style meal or mix it up with something a bit more creative, there are plenty of different side dishes to choose from. Just make sure to pick sides that will bring out the best in your steak and you’ll have a meal that’s sure to impress.
Cooking Recipe Using Rib Eye Steak: Simple & Efficient Tips
As we now come to the end of our expert guide to making a perfect ribeye steak recipe, we’d like to share some concluding thoughts and additional tips. Grilling a delicious ribeye steak is all about finding the perfect balance between flavor and texture. To achieve this, you’ll want to make sure you get a good sear on the steak and season it with a flavorful Montreal seasoning. If you want to add a bit of extra flavor, try adding a pat of cajun butter or steak bites.
Another thing to consider when grilling a ribeye steak is the fat cap. Many ribeye steaks come with a fat cap, which adds a great flavor and helps to keep the steak juicy. If the steak does not have a fat cap, then you can always add a few drops of oil to the steak to avoid it drying out.
Finally, if you’re looking for an even more luxurious steak experience, then why not try a porterhouse steak? This cut of steak has both a tenderloin and a ribeye steak, so you can get the best of both worlds in one steak. Just remember to season it with a good Montreal seasoning for maximum flavor.
We hope that this expert guide to making a perfect ribeye steak recipe has been helpful for you. With a bit of practice and patience, you’ll soon be grilling up delicious ribeye steaks like a pro. So go ahead and give it a try – you won’t regret it!
Frequently Asked Questions
To help you with any doubts or queries, here’s a list of FAQs that will make your cooking experience smoother:
What is the best temperature to cook a ribeye steak to?
The ideal temperature for a medium-rare ribeye steak is around 130-135°F. However, personal preference plays a role in this as well, some people like it more rare or more well-done, in that case you can use a meat thermometer to check for doneness and adjust accordingly.
Can I cook a ribeye steak on a gas grill?
Yes, cooking a ribeye steak on a gas grill is a great option. It will give you a nice sear on the outside while keeping the inside tender and juicy.
Can I use boneless ribeyes or do they need to be bone-in?
You can use either boneless or bone-in ribeyes for this recipe, however, bone-in ribeyes tend to have more flavor and a more tender texture than boneless.
Can this recipe be adapted for meat eaters and vegetarians?
This recipe is for meat eaters, however, you can use a vegetarian steak substitute such as a portobello mushroom steak or a seitan steak to make it vegetarian friendly.
Can I find the recipe card for this ribeye steak recipe?
Yes, the recipe card is available in this article, it contains all the ingredients and the step by step instructions to make the perfect ribeye steak.
Making a perfect ribeye steak requires careful attention to detail. Achieving a perfect steak requires the right cut of meat, the right type of seasoning, and the right cooking temperature. Additionally, the steak should be rested for a few minutes before serving, to ensure that all the juices are retained.
With the right approach and the right ingredients, anyone can make a delicious ribeye steak. By following the expert guide above, you can ensure that your steak is cooked to perfection.
Making a perfect ribeye steak is not as difficult as it may seem. With the right techniques, you can make a delicious steak that your family and friends will love. With a little practice, you can become an expert at making mouthwatering ribeye steaks.
Simple Ribeye Steak Recipe
- Cast iron skillet
- Gas grill
- Meat thermometer
- 1 1 1/2-inch-thick bone-in ribeye steak (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Montreal seasoning
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Bring steak to room temperature before cooking.
- Season steak generously on both sides with kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add canola oil and chili powder. Add steak and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until a crust forms.
- While steak cooks, preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Transfer steak from skillet to grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached.
- Remove steak from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve steak on a platter and with your favorite sides.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for desired doneness.
- Use different seasonings or marinades to customize to your preference.
- for more sauce, you can make a pan sauce using the skillet
- steak can be cut into strips and served with steak fries and a simple salad for a more casual meal.
- The cherry tomatoes can be cooked in the skillet with some oil, salt and pepper for a side dish
- You can also make a compound butter or a au poivre sauce to serve with the steak for a more decadent experience.
- If you’re looking for a more adventurous flavor profile, you can try seasoning the steak with Cajun spices or adding some lemon juice and fresh herbs to the marinade.
- To make it vegetarian-friendly you can substitute with mushroom steak or seitan steak.
- While the recipe is written for cooking on a gas grill and a skillet, it can be cooked on a stovetop griddle or oven broiler as well.
- Experiment with different cuts of steak, for example: sirloin, flank, or New York strip.
- Enjoy your delicious and tender Ribeye steak! Bon Appétit!
YOUR OWN NOTE
More Ribeye Recipes and Resource
This article is a part of The Ultimate Steak Cookbook, our ever-growing mini encyclopedia on techniques for delicious steak recipes. Please bookmark and return. There will be a lot of useful information for you.
Shara @The Bird BBQ
Shara loves to experiment with different flavors and techniques when it comes to BBQ. She has been perfecting her craft for years and loves hosting backyard BBQs with friends & family. She often comes up with creative recipes that her guests rave about.