Are you looking for an award-winning brisket rub recipe? Well, look no further! This recipe is sure to make your brisket the talk of any cookout or party. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also full of flavor that will have your guests coming back for more. So, get ready to put your BBQ skills to the test and try out this delicious and simple rub recipe.
If you’re a fan of barbecued beef, then you’ll love this unique blend of spices and herbs. Not only does it add an incredible depth of flavor to the meat, but it’s also been awarded top honors in various BBQ competitions around the country. Plus, you can adjust the level of heat in the rub so that it’s just right for your taste buds.
This award-winning brisket rub recipe takes just minutes to prepare and is guaranteed to bring a smile to everyone at your next backyard gathering. You won’t believe how delicious this rub tastes until you try it for yourself — so what are you waiting for? Let’s get grilling!
You’ll Love This Recipe
If you are looking for the best beef brisket rub recipe, then you’ll love this award winning brisket rub recipe. It is easy to make and can be used on all types of meats. The key ingredients in this homemade rub include brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, kosher salt, and cayenne pepper. All of these ingredients come together to create the perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavors.
The best way to use this rub is to sprinkle it generously over your brisket before cooking. This will give your meat a nice coat that will help to lock in the flavor and keep it juicy while cooking. You can also add some extra spices or herbs if you like to customize the taste.
Using this award winning brisket rub recipe is sure to give you the most delicious results every time! It’s an easy way to take your meal from ordinary to extraordinary with just a few simple steps. Give it a try today – your taste buds won’t regret it!
Are you looking for a delicious dry rub recipe for the best brisket recipe? Look no further. This award-winning brisket rub recipe ingredient list has everything you need to make your next Texas-style barbecue a success.
First, you’ll need coarse black pepper, monosodium glutamate, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate and sea salt. Then, add celery seed and apple cider vinegar to get the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. And don’t forget the kick of heat that comes from adding a little chili powder.
Mix all these ingredients together and you’ll have a delicious rub that will take your Texas brisket to the next level. Plus, it’s super easy to make – just combine all the ingredients in a bowl until they’re fully incorporated. So if you’re looking for an exciting way to upgrade your barbecue recipes, this award-winning brisket rub is definitely worth trying!
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have the ingredients list, let’s get to the actual recipe how-to. To make the best brisket rub recipe, you’ll need to mix all of your dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Once they are completely combined, transfer them to an airtight container and store until ready to use.
When it’s time to apply the wet rub, make sure you have removed the fat cap from the surface of the meat. Then take some aluminum foil and wrap up your brisket before adding the wet rub. You can now sprinkle some of your dry rub onto the wrapped brisket before sealing it up again with aluminum foil. This will help create great taste for your brisket when cooked.
The combination of wet and dry rubs is what makes this one of the great brisket rubs recipes out there. By using both types of seasoning, you will be able to achieve maximum flavor when cooking your brisket. So go ahead and give this award winning recipe a try!
Substitutions And Variations
When it comes to making an award-winning brisket rub recipe, the substitutions and variations can make all the difference. Instead of buying a pre-made rub, why not make your own? With the right ingredients, you can create something special that stands out from the rest.
Using dry rub ingredients like garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper, you can create a good rub that will give your brisket an extra boost of flavor. Adding in natural hickory smoke flavors will bring out even more flavor in your homemade brisket rub. Furthermore, if you want to take things up a notch and get even more flavor into the mix, try marinating with an injector or adding some citric acid to the mix.
You’ll be able to customize your award-winning blend however you like once you get all the necessary ingredients together. This way you can ensure that your brisket gets as much flavor as possible without having to rely on pre-made mixes. Plus, with a good brisket rub recipe in hand, you’ll always have something delicious to serve up for dinner!
Serving Like A Restaurant
Once you have your award-winning rub recipe for brisket, the next step is to think about how to serve it like a restaurant. The rub unlocks the flavors of the meat and channels them into every bite so that you can get the best results possible. This same style of rub has won competitions and moved many barbecuers from amateur to pro level. Crafting a perfect brisket isn’t enough – it’s also important to consider all aspects of presentation and service.
When creating a rub, make sure to use ingredients that complement your brisket’s flavor profile or add an unexpected dimension, such as herbs, savory spices, honey or garlic. Each ingredient has its own unique texture which will provide mouthwatering texture and tenderness throughout. When rubbed in just before cooking, it will create a flavorful crust for each bite!
Besides having an amazing brisket itself, think of other ways to bring enjoyment from the meal like offering side dishes with contrasting flavors, sauces and condiments such as salsa verde or hot sauce. Think about simple things like serving baskets and platters that looks attractive on your outdoor table. Don’t forget utensils and napkins – obviously not just any ones! Choose something that best suits your style as well as adding flair for visual appeal for a truly dining experience once served.
Finally have fun with creating stories and experiences around your meal preparation! Ongoing conversation can give your guests fresh ideas on their own pulled pork sandwiches while they wait excitedly for their turn at try out your award-winning brisket dish!
When it comes to creating a perfect brisket rub that everyone will love, pitmaster Harry Soo has all the answers. By combining the right flavors and ingredients, his award winning rub recipe produces a tender brisket with a beautiful bark and smoke ring.
This dry brisket rub is the perfect combination of sweetness, saltiness and smokiness—providing an amazing flavor profile for any barbecue enthusiast. The key is to use the right amount of rub so you can achieve a balance between sweet and savory, making it ideal for your next cookout or special occasion.
The final step in getting the most out of this recipe is to pair it with a delicious barbecue sauce. From mild and sweet sauces to spicy and tangy options, you can find something that complements your unique taste preferences. By using Harry Soo’s award winning brisket rub recipe, you are sure to create the perfect mouth-watering meal every time!
Storing And Freezing Options
Storing and freezing your award winning brisket rub recipe is a great way to ensure it doesn’t go to waste. The primary ingredient in the rub, salt, helps preserve the connective tissue of the brisket. To store your brisket, double wrap it with plastic wrap and store it at room temperature for up to three days. If you plan on storing it for longer than that, make sure to keep in an air tight container in a dark place. When freezing your entire brisket, make sure it has much rub on it as possible so that the meat can still absorb flavor while cooking later on. Before placing it into an air tight container, double wrap the brisket with plastic wrap so that no air can get in and ruin the flavor of your delicious rub. Make sure you always check the internal temperature of the meat before eating after thawing out the frozen brisket.
By following these simple steps when storing or freezing your award winning brisket rub recipe, you’ll be able to enjoy your flavorful meal anytime you want! With proper wrapping and storing techniques, you can keep your delicious dish tasting its best for days or even months down the line. So don’t let all that hard work put into making this amazing rub go to waste – make sure you know how to store and freeze properly!
Now that you have all the ingredients and instructions ready, it’s time to dive into the cooking process. But before you do, here are some extra tips to help you create the perfect brisket every time.
- The key to a savory flavor is to let the Texas brisket rub sit on the meat for a couple of hours to let the flavors sink in.
- To make the rub, mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and make sure it’s well combined.
- Make sure to rub the sides of the brisket as well as the top and bottom for the best results.
- To get that perfect rub, don’t skimp on the amount used. A little bit more rub will not only enhance the flavor but also create a delicious bark on the outside of the brisket.
- To add an extra layer of flavor, consider adding shiitake mushrooms to the rub. The umami flavor will complement the beefy taste of the brisket.
- To ensure that the rub stays on the brisket, wrap it tightly in layers of foil and store it in an air-tight container. This will help to lock in the flavor and prevent the rub from drying out.
- For an even more intense heat, consider using a coarse grind of the spices. This will give the brisket a nice crunch and add an extra layer of flavor.
- For a winning brisket, take notes from successful competition teams and consider using a marinade injector. This will help to distribute the flavors throughout the entire brisket and give it a ton of flavor.
- To achieve a beautiful bark and smoke ring, make sure to follow the detailed instructions and cook the brisket at a low and slow temperature.
- When it comes to storing and freezing, wrapping the brisket in plastic wrap and aluminum foil is a great choice to keep it fresh.
Overall, making a Texas-style brisket with a perfect rub is a great choice for any barbecue or smoking occasion. With a little bit of time and effort, you’ll be able to create a delicious brisket that will be the talk of the party. Just follow these tips and you’ll be on your way to creating an award-winning brisket.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that we’ve covered the tips and tricks for making the best brisket rub, let’s answer some commonly asked questions to help you perfect your brisket.
How long should the dry rub sit on the brisket?
It is recommended to let the dry rub sit on the brisket for a minimum of 2 hours, but overnight is ideal for the best flavor penetration. This will allow the rub to fully adhere to the pound of meat and create a delicious smoked brisket.
What is the best way to season a brisket?
There are two popular methods for seasoning brisket, wet rubs and dry rubs. Wet rubs consist of a mixture of dry ingredients mixed with liquid and applied directly to the meat. Dry rubs are a mixture of dry ingredients, such as spices and seasonings, that are rubbed directly onto the surface of the meat. Both methods are successful and it’s up to personal preference and the type of meat.
What is a good binder for brisket rub?
A good binder for brisket rub is brown sugar. Brown sugar is a common ingredient in many brisket rub recipes and helps to create a beautiful bark while also adding a sweet and savory flavor to the beefy flavor of the brisket.
Should you rub a brisket overnight?
Yes, it is recommended to let the dry rub sit on the brisket overnight. This will allow the flavors to fully penetrate the fat side of the brisket and create a delicious and juicy final product.
Do you oil a brisket before the dry rub?
No, it is not necessary to oil a brisket before applying the dry rub. The dry rub ingredients will adhere to the meat just fine without oil. However, you can spritz the brisket with apple cider vinegar to help the rub stick to the meat.
These are just a few of the frequently asked questions about making a delicious smoked brisket. Remember to follow the detailed instructions, use common ingredients and keep in mind the daily values. If you follow these tips, you’ll be on your way to creating a first-place brisket like the successful competition team in central Texas, or even better than pitmaster Aaron Franklin.
I’m so glad you gave this award-winning brisket rub recipe a try. It’s truly a delicious, flavorful dish that can be enjoyed in many different ways. You’d be hard pressed to find a better recipe than this one! I hope you’ve enjoyed following the ingredient list and instructions, as well as exploring the substitutions and variations available. With the right serving technique, this rub can turn an ordinary piece of brisket into something extraordinary.
It’s been great having you join me on this culinary journey to discover how to make the perfect brisket rub recipe. I’m sure you’ll have great success when it comes to pairing it with sides, storing it for later use, or even freezing it for future use. Plus with all the tips included in this article, you’re sure to get a juicy, tender brisket every time!
So go ahead and give this award-winning brisket rub recipe a try – you won’t regret it! Enjoy your savory masterpiece at your next dinner party or gathering and don’t forget to share with your friends and family. Bon appetit!
Award-Winning Brisket Rub Recipe
- small bowl
- Medium bowl
- Plastic wrap
- airtight container
- 1 brisket
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon citric acid
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon monosodium glutamate
- 1/2 teaspoon disodium inosinate
- 1/2 teaspoon disodium guanylate
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, coarse black pepper, cayenne pepper, and celery seed.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry rub ingredients with Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, citric acid, sea salt, coarse salt, monosodium glutamate, disodium inosinate, and disodium guanylate.
- Take a beef brisket and remove any excess fat from the fat cap, but leave a thin layer of fat on the outside of the brisket to protect the meat during cooking.
- Rub the brisket down with the dry rub mixture, making sure to cover the entire surface of the meat.
- Place the brisket in an airtight container and refrigerate for a couple of hours, or overnight if possible, to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Preheat a pit or grill to 250-275°F and place the brisket on the grill, fat side up. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 195-200°F, then wrap in aluminum foil and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- You can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper to your desired level of heat.
- This brisket rub recipe makes enough for 1 pound of meat.
- For best results, make sure the brisket is at room temperature before cooking.
- Double wrapping the brisket in layers of foil will help create a smoke ring and maintain the tenderness of the meat.
- Store leftover rub in an air-tight container in a dark place for up to 6 months.