Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Pepper Steak Fettuccine Recipe! This dish is for the bold and daring souls out there who love the flavors of pepper, red pepper, and black pepper. The dish is all about how these flavors come together to create a culinary sensation that will keep your taste buds tingling with excitement.
This delectable recipe is perfect for those who enjoy pasta and steak, infused with a deliciousness that simply makes them crave more. With every bite you take, you’ll be amazed by the intricate nature of the flavors, each so different yet wonderfully complementary that the synergy of it all creates something magical with each bite.
Whether it’s a cozy dinner with your partner or a gathering of your loved ones, this recipe is designed to delight everyone with its aroma and taste. Once you dig into this Pepper Steak Fettuccine Recipe, you won’t be able to resist its delightful and hearty nature. So, let’s dive in!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of the same old boring pasta dishes day in and day out? Look no further because this Pepper Steak Fettuccine recipe is what your taste buds have been craving!
With its savory blend of thinly sliced boneless round steak, fresh mushrooms, buttery onions, and colorful bell peppers, this dish is the ultimate comfort food. The tender steak strips are coated in a spicy black pepper and tomato sauce that’s been simmered to perfection. And let’s not forget about the creamy yet tangy parmesan cheese sauce that ties it all together.
This dish offers more than just a delicious blend of flavors. It’s a one-pot wonder that can be easily customized based on your preferences. Love shrimp? Swap out the steak strips for some succulent shrimp and enjoy a seafood twist on this delectable dish. Craving that Cajun heat? Add some cajun seasoning to the steak as it cooks to give it an extra kick.
Need more convincing? This recipe is hearty enough to serve a family of four and can be whipped up in just 30 minutes. It’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you still want to indulge in a satisfying homemade meal.
So go ahead and give yourself something to look forward to with this Pepper Steak Fettuccine recipe. Trust me, your taste buds won’t be disappointed!
Get Your Ingredients Ready
For this pepper steak fettuccine recipe, the following ingredients are required:
- 1 lb of boneless round steak, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces of fettuccine pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Make sure to have all the ingredients ready before you start cooking. It is best to slice the vegetables and beef strips beforehand to make the cooking process smoother. The recipe involves a few different steps, so having everything prepared ahead of time will make it easier for you to manage.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we’ve got all the ingredients lined up, it’s time to get cooking! Follow my step-by-step instructions below to create a mouth-watering pepper steak fettuccine dish that will have everyone begging for more.
Prep the Ingredients
- Start by prepping all of your ingredients.
- Chop your onion and green bell pepper into small pieces.
- Slice your mushrooms thinly and chop the roasted red pepper.
- Cut your steak (either sirloin or round) into thin strips.
Cook the Steak
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the pan is heated, add in the thinly sliced steak strips and season with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Sauté until the steak is browned on all sides, then remove from the pan and set aside.
Cook the Vegetables
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add in your chopped onion, green bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, and chopped roasted red pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until they are soft and tender.
Combine Everything Together
- Add the steak back into the pan with the vegetables.
- Pour in a can of tomato sauce.
- Add dried basil into the mixture and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
Cook the Fettuccine
- While everything simmers, bring a pot of salted water to a boil for your fettuccine.
- Add in 12 ounces of fettuccine pasta noodles to your boiling water.
- Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes or until your desired pasta texture is achieved.
The Final Touches
- Reserve a cup of pasta cooking water before draining the noodles completely.
- Add cooked pasta into the pan with steak and vegetables mixture along with 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water and toss well.
- Shave some Parmesan cheese over your dish, stir it through, and serve hot.
Follow these simple steps for a scrumptious pepper steak fettuccine dinner that will leave everyone coming back for more!
Substitutions and Variations
In cooking, flexibility is key. You don’t have to be bound by a recipe’s ingredients all the time. Indeed, you can substitute some items or tweak the recipe to give it your own twist. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try with your pepper steak fettuccine:
– Meat: Instead of using boneless round steak, try using sirloin steak or flank steak, cut thinly into strips. You can even use ground beef or beef strips for a different texture.
– Vegetables: If you don’t have green pepper or fresh mushrooms, consider substituting them with red bell pepper, roasted red pepper, or even some shrimp for a seafood kick. You can also add some sliced onions or garlic cloves for more flavor.
– Pasta: While fettuccine is ideal for this recipe’s thick and creamy sauce, you can experiment with other pasta types according to your taste. Linguine, spaghetti, penne, and rigatoni will do just fine.
– Spice it up: For a spicier dish, try adding some diced jalapenos or cayenne pepper. You could also sprinkle some cajun seasoning over your steak strips.
– Creamy twist: If you’re feeling adventurous and want an even creamier sauce, swap the tomato sauce for alfredo sauce or add a splash of heavy cream.
– Cheese options: Though this recipe uses parmesan cheese as the finishing touches to the dish’s creamy goodness, feel free to substitute it with other cheeses like cheddar or mozzarella.
Remember that experimentation in cooking can sometimes yield surprising results! Don’t be afraid to try out new ingredients and different combinations because creating something new that tastes good is always worth it.
Serving and Pairing
Now that you have made this incredible pepper steak fettuccine recipe, let’s talk about how to serve and pair it.
Fettuccine pasta is a classic Italian dish that pairs well with many different types of food. The best thing about this particular recipe is that the meaty and savory flavors of the pepper steak are balanced by the creaminess of the tomato sauce which creates a deliciously hearty meal.
When it comes to serving this dish, I recommend plating up individual servings in a large pasta bowl, topped with a healthy dose of grated parmesan cheese. This dish is perfect for entertaining as it’s simple yet hearty enough to please all guests.
As for pairing with a drink, red wine would make an excellent choice. I suggest going for a full-bodied wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Syrah/Shiraz which will compliment the steak’s richness and balance well with the acidity of tomatoes in the sauce. If you’re not much into wine, beer or soda also work great.
This pasta dish also pairs perfectly with garlic bread or even some more vegetables on the side like roasted asparagus or mixed greens with vinaigrette dressing. These pairings help enhance the flavors of the dish and provide a complete culinary experience.
Overall, serving your pepper steak fettuccine up in style is just as important as making it taste delicious, so create an unforgettable dining experience by taking your time to put thought into how to serve and pair your dish.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Folks, it’s always a great idea to keep leftovers for later meals. There’s no denying that a well-prepared dish can be just as good the next day or even better! With this Pepper Steak Fettuccine recipe, rest assured that you can make your pasta dish ahead of time.
This recipe is an excellent choice for batch cooking, as it keeps well in the fridge and even the freezer. To store your leftover Pepper Steak Fettuccine, place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat them on the stove with a splash of water or cream over medium-low heat until it is warm through.
To reheat the frozen fettuccine, move the container from the freezer and into the fridge to defrost the night before consumption. Next day, reheat it up by tossing the pasta with sautéed peppers and onions in butter in a skillet on medium heat till warm through.
But be careful not to let the steak sit out for too long; it may dry out or get pieces of ice if defrosted slowly. Never refreeze any leftovers after reheating them again, as it could pose a health risk.
I hope these tips help you enjoy this scrumptious dish more with every meal! Bon appétit!
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure that your pepper steak fettuccine is the best it can be, here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind:
1. Cook the steak correctly
The key to a perfectly cooked steak is to cook it hot and fast, so make sure your pan or grill is preheated before you start cooking. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to determine when it’s done: medium-rare should be around 140°F – 145°F.
2. Cut the steak thinly
For the best texture and flavor, slice your steak as thinly as possible. A thin cut of steak will also cook more quickly and evenly.
3. Don’t overcook the vegetables
When sautéing the vegetables (the onion, green/red pepper, mushrooms), don’t let them get too soft – they should still have a bit of crunch to them. Overcooked vegetables can make your dish soggy and bland.
4. Use fresh herbs
Dried herbs are great in a pinch, but nothing beats the flavor of fresh herbs like basil or rosemary. If you have them on hand, chop up some fresh herbs to sprinkle on top of your finished dish for an extra burst of aroma and taste.
5. Use high-quality ingredients
Since this dish uses relatively few ingredients, the quality of each one is crucial. Go for fresh produce and high-quality cuts of meat for the best potential results.
6. Season well
Be sure to use enough kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to season both the steak and vegetables. Remember that salt enhances flavor, so don’t skimp on this step.
Follow these tips to ensure that every bite of your homemade pepper steak fettuccine is full of flavor and satisfaction!
As I wrap up this recipe article, I can’t help but get excited about the amazing flavor and texture that this pepper steak fettuccine recipe brings to the table. The combination of tender steak, flavorful peppers, and savory tomato sauce creates a dish that is sure to impress even the pickiest eaters.
With its easy-to-follow instructions and wide range of ingredient substitutions, this recipe is perfect for both beginner cooks and seasoned chefs alike. And with its ability to easily adapt to personal preferences by adding or subtracting ingredients, it’s also a great choice for those who want to experiment and make this dish their own.
But most importantly, what makes this recipe truly special is the satisfaction you’ll feel after enjoying a homemade meal that is both delicious and hearty. So put down your take-out menus and dust off your skillet – it’s time to say goodbye to bland meals and hello to the best pepper steak fettuccine you’ve ever tasted!
Give this recipe a try and enjoy a mouth-watering dish that is sure to become a household favorite. With its bold flavors, satisfying textures, and endless variations, you’ll never have to settle for boring meals again!
Pepper Steak Fettuccine Recipe
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless round steak, 1/2 inch thick cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the steak, green pepper and onion in butter until the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, salt, basil and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions, drain.
- Top with steak mixture, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
YOUR OWN NOTE
You’ll Love These Delicious BBQ Recipes
Shara @The Bird BBQ
Shara loves to experiment with different flavors and techniques when it comes to BBQ. She has been perfecting her craft for years and loves hosting backyard BBQs with friends & family. She often comes up with creative recipes that her guests rave about.